▪ Windows 8 comes with many default apps that are available from the Start screen.
▪ You use the Photos app to manage and view photos stored on your hard drive, shared networked drives, and social networking sites.
▪ You use the Music app to access and play your own music and to buy music from the music marketplace.
▪ You use the Videos app to access movies, TV shows, and compatible videos that are stored on your computer and shared networked drives and to buy movies and TV shows from the video marketplace.
▪ You use the Maps app to find places and businesses, to get directions, and to get turn-by-turn directions to places you’ve mapped.
▪ There are lots of other apps to explore, including People, Calendar, Messaging, and others, many of which are outlined here.
▪ The All Apps screen offers access to apps that don’t appear on the Start screen, accessories, and system tools. You can also access third-party programs and apps you’ve acquired from the marketplace.