The last app you’ll explore in depth is Maps. As with any other app, you click its tile on the Start screen to open it. If you are prompted, make sure to enable location services so that Maps can determine your location. When it’s open, right-click the screen to see the available charms.
The features available in Maps are:
▪ Show Traffic : Click this to show the traffic in your area or on a route you’ve mapped. Traffic is represented by red, yellow, and green. Traffic information won’t be available in all areas.
▪ Map Style : Click this to change the style of the map from Road View to Aerial View.
▪ My Location : Click this to pinpoint your location. The diamond represents your location. Maps cannot detect your current location if you did not enable the required location services when you first opened Maps or if you are not connected to the Internet.
Tip : Click the diamond that represents your location for more information about it.
▪ Directions : Click this to get directions from one place to another. By default, your current location will be used as one of the entries (provided location services is enabled). Type an address and tap the right-facing arrow to get directions.
▪ Reverse Route : Click the two arrows located between the two points when Directions is selected to reverse the route offered.
▪ Go Arrow : Click Go after inputting the required information to get directions to a place.